How do you Access BT Mail Account?
BT Mail – Now just Login to Your BT Account by doing BTinternet Sign in and Manage BT Account. You may also Create a BT ID or do Password Reset.
BT MailE-mails have become an integral part of our personal and professional lives. They have added convenience and simplicity to our lives while speeding up the communication time. Moreover, they are far more reliable than the traditional mailing options. In other words, they are the perfect communication solution that is efficient, productive and affordable at the same time. One of the most trustworthy and competent name is BT Mail by BT Group PLC.
What is BT Mail?BT Mail is the most productive and secure mailing service that comes bundled with BT Broadband. It is an optional complementary service that can be retained even after discontinuing the internet connection. A well protected web based mailing service, it can easily integrate with other services like Contacts and Calendar. It can be operated with other email accounts which makes it possible to manage all of them at a single place. Being a web based email, it grants you with the utmost flexibility to access it from anywhere and at anytime.
As stated earlier, BT Mail comes as a free of cost additional service along with your BT subscription plan. Since it is an optional service, you will be asked for the same at the time of activating your subscription. Therefore, you can make your choice. However, even if you decide not to choose the BT Mail service. Still you have the option to get it anytime during the course of your internet service. Nevertheless, in case if you opt for it, you will get an email address that ends with @btinternet.com, @btopenworld.com or @talk21.com. Additionally, you can use this BT email username for signing into other services such as BT Cloud, BT Wi-Fi etc. unless stated otherwise. Moreover, you can avail a maximum of 11 email addresses which includes one master email account and 10 sub accounts. All this coupled with some amazingly innovative and intuitive features designed for enhanced user experience makes BT Mail the best choice.
Features of BT MailBT Mail integrates some of the most ingenious, resourceful and user friendly features to offer best in class, avant garde mailing service. Given below is a glimpse of some of it’s wonderful features:-
- Free of Cost Service
- Robust Webmail Capabilities
- Considerable Storage Capabilities
- Convenient Account Registration
- Automatic Message Sorting
- Simplified Configuration with MS Outlook
- Highly Secured Email Exchange
- Blocking Capabilities
- Mail Filtering
- Spam Protection
- Image Protection
- Parental Control
- User Authentication and Authorization
- Alerts for Unauthorized Access of Account
- 24*7 world class and professional customer support
How can I lose my BT Email Account?Although BT Mail is one of the best mailing service available free of cost. However, there is a slight possibility that you may lose it over a period of time. Therefore, it is essential to login and use your BT Mail account on a regular basis to keep it active. In case, if it isn’t used for a period exceeding 90 days, it will be suspended without any prior notice. However, this is done only for the specific email address that remains inactive. Other email addresses linked to the broadband connections still remains active. After the suspension of the BT Mail account, users get a 60 day grace period to recover back the account. Meanwhile, users can reactivate the account by logging in to it during this period. Thereafter, you BT Mail account will be deleted permanently without any further notice. In this case, all your personal details are also simultaneously deleted along with the email account. For example, email messages, contacts, calendar appointments etc. Furthermore, you will never be able to recover the email address or the associated content. This is yet another practice to keep your digital identity fully protected.
How to Create a BT Email Account?BT Mail is a user centric web based mail that allows you the liberty to access it anywhere and anytime. It is known for easy management and creation of the account. However, before moving on to steps for creating the BT Mail account, you must consider the following:-
- Primary Address: This is the email address of the primary master account. The account holder can use the BT ID to set up other accounts.
- Sub Accounts: This is the additional email address used by the primary user as an alternative email address. These are a good option for young family members as the primary account holder retains complete control.
- Affiliate Accounts: This is a subsidiary email address created for another household member. User gets the complete control of the account along with a distinct BT ID and security details. In other words, they are solely accountable for this account.
- First and foremost, turn on your computer.
- Then, open your preferred internet browser. For example, google chrome, mozilla firefox, internet explorer, safari etc. For this, you should look for the respective browser icon on your desktop or taskbar. Click on the icon to open the browser.
- Thereafter, you should open the BT Mail home page. Hence, type in “home.bt.com” in the browser’s address bar. Then press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Now, look on the top right hand corner for “Email”. Click on it to open the Sign In webpage.
- Here, you will have an option to create a new account. Click on “Create One” tab. This redirects you to the account creation window.
- This window prompts you to provide certain basic details for account creation.
- To begin with, you should provide the email address assigned to you at the time of activating your internet subscription. In case, you have lost your BT ID, you can easily find it.
- The next field prompts you to enter the email address again. Hence, enter it correctly.
- Thereafter, click Continue to proceed with BT Mail account creation.
- Subsequently, you should set a unique, strong password for your BT mail account. You should be very particular in setting a password that is strong. For this, mix up alphabets, numericals and special characters to create a unique password. You must remember the following tips for the same.
- You should always avoid obvious passwords like “1234567” or “mypassword” etc.
- Longer passwords have been proved to be more secure and hack-proof. Hence, you must strive to set the longest possible password.
- Additionally, using consecutive letters of your keyboard can be easily traced. In other words, letters of your password shouldn’t follow any obvious pattern like consecutive letters or four corner keys of your keyboard etc. For this reason, avoid such easy passwords.
- Moreover, you should develop the habit of creating unique passwords for every individual sites and account. Although, it is very typical to use a single password on multiple accounts. But, it can be extremely hazardous. Therefore, you should always setup distinct passwords for every site or account.
- Likewise, it is very common to frame passwords on personal details like birthdates, addresses, phone numbers etc. However, this can prove disastrous. Hence, you should always avoid it.
- It is an extremely useful practice to change your passwords from time to time. This saves you from a lot of future complications. Therefore, you must make this practice a regular habitude.
- Once the password is created, you are required to re-enter it correctly in the appropriate field to confirm it. Hence, do the needful.
- Thereafter, click on Continue to move on to the final step of BT Mail account creation. This will redirect you to the subsequent window that displays the final step.
- Finally, you must provide your BT account number that you had secured from your subscription invoice. As stated earlier, it is the unique 10 digit alphanumeric number located at the top right corner of the invoice.
- Now, click on Create Account to conclude the BT Mail account creation. Now, you are good to utilize all the benefits of a surprisingly user centric email service.
How to Configure BT Email Account with Email Client?Email Clients like Apple Mail, Outlook or Windows Mail are software applications that can be easily installed on your computer or device. They grant you the luxury to access your emails from multiple accounts and service providers at the same place. Additionally, once the emails are downloaded, you can access them later at any point of time even without the internet connection. This is because your email client will store them locally on your device. Email Clients uses IMAP and POP3 protocols for downloading mails to your device. BT Mail also allows for this customization to enhance it’s user experience. Moreover, the configuration process has been made as simple as possible.
Preparation for the ConfigurationBefore you move on to the actual configuration process, you must consider certain details to save any annoyance later on. As such, you must secure following information:-
- First and foremost, you must have your Email address or Username
- Then, your BT Mail account Password is essential.
- The kind of device you have like Windows PC, Mac, Android device, iOS etc. must be clearly known.
- Besides this, you should have a clear picture of the email client installed on your system. For example, Outlook, Apple Mail etc.
- Additionally, you must have certain technical details about mail service provider’s server. This has to be very specific and accurate. You must know the incoming and outgoing server settings for the BT Mail service. In other words, you should ask for the IMAP/ POP3 settings.
- To begin with, you are required to launch the preferred email client which is already installed on your device. For this, click on the email client icon on your computer. It must be on your desktop. Alternatively, open it from All Programs under the Start Menu.
- Once the email client opens up, click on the File tab right at the very top of the window.
- Thereafter, click on the Category to expand it.
- Now, click on the Account Settings.
- On the next window, click the tab Email under New.
- Subsequently, switch on the Server Settings on the following window and click Next.
- Now, select Internet Email address and click Next.
- Following window will require you to provide the user data as specified below. Hence, fill in the details correctly.
- Your Name: You must provide your full name including the first, last and middle name without any mistake.
- Email Address: Enter your complete email address correctly.
- Thereafter, you are expected to provide the specific server information for BT Mail. For this, look for Type Account under the Server Information section. Here, select POP3 and fill in the below mentioned details accurately.
- Incoming email: mail.btinternet.com
- Incoming port: 110
- Outgoing email: mail.btinternet.com
- Outgoing port: 587
- After providing the above specified details, proceed to complete the other information. You should now look under the Login Information and fill in the required fields correctly.
- Email: Enter your BT Email address
- Password: Provide your BT Email account password
- Login with Security: None
- This completes all the required information for the BT Mail configuration. Finally, click on Test Account Settings. This will run a test to confirm all the setting information. Assuming that all the information that you provide was accurate, the test should be successful. Hence, click on Next. Otherwise, you will be notified for the same. In that case, cross check for all the provided information to confirm it is correct. In case of any incorrect information, correct it and run the test again.
- The next window confirms that your BT Mail has been successfully configured with the respective Email Client. Henceforth, click on Finish to exit the window.